Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

WooHoo! First Sale!!!!

Hooray!!!! I got my first official sale on Thursday. I hope my new customer isn't discouraged by being the first one to ever order something from The Funky Fairy Shoppe. She should be delighted! In fact, I think I'm going to send her some of my homemade Yule incense as a thank you. It's a little late to send her Samhain incense.

Hmmm....okay. For the first 50 new customers who buy something, I will include in their order free homemade incense of whatever holiday is approaching.

I've been trying to work on the web store this week but it's been a bust so far. I'm in the middle of sick kids, major drama with my oldest (we won't discuss what happened but it was really bad), and we're starting the process of buying a house. I'm going to carve out some time tonight after the kids go to bed to work on adding my disclaimer and ethics to the site.

Oh, on another note - you may have noticed I'm behind on my to-do list. I'm revising my list but I need to figure out my new timeline. I've decided to go ahead and finish school, get my business degree, before I get too gun-ho about applying for funding and opening up a physical store. This isn't to say I won't be trying to do some weekend markets this next spring and summer. I just think it would be better for me - and look better to the banks - if I have my degree first.

And I called the candle supplier yesterday. I was told it can take up to 14 business days for them to approve new retailers. I was just a tad too bit anxious, apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment