Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Goals


Miscellaneous New Year Comments

Magickal Graphics


Happy New Year!  It's going to be a great one!

Instead of making New Year's Resolutions, I've decided to make goals each month and track my progress using a spreadsheet that I've printed out and put in my day planner.  That way my goals are always with me and I can check in any time.

Goals for January:

  1. Exercise daily.  This is something I was doing before taking a 10 day cruise with my husband. Since returning home, my body is still in vacation mode.
  2. Meditate or do spiritual work daily.  This is something I've been struggling with lately.  Well, for about a year now.  I keep telling myself I don't have time due to homeschooling or appointments or any number of things.  Those are excuses, not reasons.  My spirit needs nourishment & exercise, just like my body.
  3. Work on the store daily.  I'm shooting for 30 minutes a day, but know that some days the store might only see 10 minutes.  And that's okay, as long as I'm trying.  Blogging, posting on FaceBook & Twitter, updating inventory and sending out newsletters all count for this one.
  4. Talk to my friends at least once a week.  I realized the other night that it's been over 2 weeks since I talked to one of my friends, over 2 months for a couple other friends, and almost 6 months for someone I was becoming friends with but hadn't made it that far yet.  That's just sad.  See #2 for my excuses list that applies to this one as well.
  5. Read daily.  When I wrote this one down, I thought that it was pretty obvious.  I love to read, so why wouldn't I do it daily?  Well, I go for days without reading anything besides email and homeschool materials then spend all weekend doing nothing but reading because the library book is due back soon or I'm just tired of all the technical reading.  So I figured if I read a little every day, I won't spend all weekend doing nothing else and it will provide a little daily stress relief, which is important.
  6. Craft daily - for January I want to crochet a hair wrap headband.  A previous good friend (we had a falling out) made something similar and I loved it.  I found a pattern and want to make one for me and one for my daughter.  Due to time contraints, it might take me all month just to make one, but I'm hoping to get two done so I can do something else next month.  I'm buying yarn and the right hook size when I go to town on Wednesday.  Wouldn't you know, I have every hook size but E.
Notice anything about all my January goals?  Yep, there's a theme.  I need more time for the things that are important to me.  Of course, my family will always come first (which is why I take really long breaks from the blog), but I need to pursue my own happiness as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment